Spectrum, image transcoding library
Spectrum is being developed under the MIT license by the Facebook Incubator team.
The provided API is declarative, therefore you only have to know what the final result of the input images should look like and Spectrum will do the rest. Very easy to integrate into your Android project as a dependency or your iOS project through CocoaPods.
It can be ported to other platforms, as the source code is written in C/C++ that can be easily copied to other environments.
- Cross-platform (Android and iOS)
- High abstraction level. Do what you want with a few declarations
- Transcode images for upload
- Resize, crop, rotate or encode images
- High quality result, lossless compression (uses mozjpeg)
- Support for PNG, JPEG and WEBP