Starling, cross Platform Game Engine
Supported by Adobe itself and surrounded by an active community, Starling is a compact library developed in ActionScript 3 that provides anything you need to build fast applications with rich and beautiful graphics, mostly 2D games (like the so popular Angry Birds), that run on any platform supporting Adobe AIR, including browsers with Flash enabled.
The framework is free, open-source and is developed by the Austrian company Gamua GmbH. since 2011.
- GPU rendered graphics, with the help of the underlying Stage3D API developed by Adobe
- Performance optimizations and content caching integration increase performance and decrease battery use
- Extensible. You can change the source code and add your own fragment and vertex shaders
- Multitude of free extensions to choose from
- Simple 3D effects and tricks can also be added
- Multi-touch support
- Responsive applications that adapt to any screen size
- A (paid) service called Flox, for storing the back-end data, is provided